I've been awarded the Kranichsteiner Music Prize from IMD!
Thanks, Alex Ross!
RAGE is doing a big show in LA!
I've been selected to participate in the first annual Earle Brown Music Foundation Summer Academy, writing a new piece for 16 players for Talea.
Early 2017 record releases from indexical & hathut records [link coming soon].
an.21-indexical: zachary james watkins + RAGE
jan.28 - RAGE THORMBONES @ stanford
[things in progress]
- new piece for pamplemousse, about pamplemousse.
- new piece for Talea Ensemble with themes of data encryption, archives & databases, and onion routing structures.
- collaboration with Sam Salem on a new audiovisual piece exploring spartanburg, sc [my hometown].
- new pieces for solo clarinet, with Erin Cameron, concerning silence, threshold perceptive faculties, and the work of Robert Irwin.
- collaboration with Jenna Lyle on a new audiovisual piece focusing on the artifacts of circular breathing.